Sunday 23 August 2015

Reinventing the steel

'New life in place of old 
Unscathed by trials
A new level of confidence... 
And power!'


Pantera 1992

It's been a long time since I've been on here, my blogging didn't last very long as work and Uni work took over.  Following a quick chat on Twitter with @WeNurses I decided to come back and try again. 

Alot has happened since my last blog 2 years ago.  Here's what's been going on in the life of Shaniepoo...

From TAP to AP: After 2 years of blood, sweat, tear and lots of beer, I passed my foundation  degree and am now an AP! In the last 3 months of my course I also got moved back onto my old Ward as the other TAP was strugling and needed support.  I also missed out on getting a 1st in my foundation degree by about 3%... Most frustrating as I knew why and where that 3% I didn't get came from.

RCN Learning Representative: After being pestered at the RCN Congress for the last 2 years by the NW branch to become an RCN Representative I finally gave in.  But my love of learning and thirst for knowledge I've chosen the learning & development representative route.  I've done module 1 and only have 2 days left of the 2nd module!!! 

Wedding bliss: Yes, earlier this year I got married.  A great day had by all, and a great honeymoon.  Sorry girls, I'm a kept man now ;)

Well that a quick update on what has happened over the last 2.  As for the current day... I'm putting my Learning Rep role to put forwards loads of ideas that have driven me nuts over the years (e.g. EWS audit action plans for a workshop).  My name is now know to the Deputy Director and Chief of Nursing in my Trust so fingers crossed I can make a change.  I also have a new Ward manager who appears to like my pro-active way of working so that's good.

Anyway, I've waffled on long enough so I'm gona love you and leave you.  Till my next I will leave you with the words of Cliff Burton - 'Bang the head that does not bang.'  

No comments:

Post a Comment